That way, there will be no more frontiers; the texts of European “classics” will be accessible, even in the oldest editions (princepes and even in facsimile), which may prove inaccessible or prohibitive, and, besides, European “classics”, duly translated, will be available to all readers. We can provide these polyglot editions with “appendixes” that will make them especially interesting for scholars: concords, stemming, frequency indexes, vocabularies, glossaries, multimedia elements, educational resources, etc. All in all, we have to create cultural products marked by the excellence of their contents, authors or researchers, which prove to be suitable for the specialist public and, at the same time, for the general public. This is what we are currently developing with our HIGHER COOPERATIVE RESEARCH INSTITUTE IVITRA and associated projects.
It is an interdisciplinary methodology that has objectives, which although they are specified in reference works, can be easily extrapolated and adaptable to other authors who, in general, present similar conditions to the ones we have mentioned previously. This kind of studies may provide a more solid and founded knowledge (diachronic and synchronic) of the history of language in question. In any case, it may make possible the exhaustive study of the lexicon of the author in question, its graphic fixation and its semantic charge, establishing a perspective contrasted with the lexicon of other coeval authors. Finally, they may offer historical or classical (ancient and also modern) referents useful to enrich the knowledge of translation theory and practice.
OBJECTIVES, OBJECTS OF PREFERENTIAL INTEREST of the HIGHER COOPERATIVE RESEARCH INSTITUTE IVITRA
• To create a digital, multimedia, multilingual of translations of the most relevant European literary, cultural and scientific works and of the studies on these works from a multidisciplinary perspective. In a first step our target will be these languages (28 languages).
• To promote an effective diffusion of cultural heritage and scientific-technical knowledge beyond the limits of our languages.
• To innovate in access services in order to improve the multilingual creation, interpretation and use of multicultural cultural and scientific content, through multi-format and multi-source digital objects and semantic-based search capabilities and essential digital preservation features.
• Digitalisation of contents, and use of multilingual and multidisciplinary contexts.
• Creation of responsive environments for technology-enhanced learning in order to improve the dynamic and permanent learning which become permanent knowledge assets, on the base of multilingual and multidisciplinary digital contents of the library of European translations.
• Creation of mass-individualisation of learning experiences with ICT, through generation of ICT-enhanced learning multilingual and multidisciplinary objects (competency, skills and performance).
• To improve the further development of European infrastructures for comparative research in ICT-enhanced learning in order to focus on European plurilingual situation and its management with appropriate ICT tools towards knowledge based society.
• To improve the state-of-the-art and make demonstrable progress towards comparative research in Humanities (methodology, data, and significant coverage at the European Union.
• To apply Information and Communication Technologies in order to create ICT infrastructures and facilitate their use over and beyond the specific needs of the challenges of plurilingual and multicultural situation of European Union. These infrastructures will be open to a wide audience to the study of text translations, and, also, to preserve as well as to generate of plurilingual and multicultural heritage.
• To research on and to develop helpful tools for linguists, translators, editors, teachers, documentalists and linguistic agents, also in order to promote good equal opportunities practices.
• To design protocols and interfaces of multilingual text and cultural exchanges, search and storage (literary and specific texts).
• To design protocols in order to manage the text-to-speech sequence in order and to allow its multilingual and multicultural implementation in a multimodal interface (text-speech-sign)
• To deepen the knowledge, management, use and generation of the application of the information and communication technologies to the previous objectives.
• To research on and to develop of new methods and tools (qualitative and quantitative) for comparative research on plurilingual textual, data-textual and audio-video processing.
• To achieve real and meaningful interdisciplinary co-operation (ICT studies, programs and companies; Linguistics, Languages and Literatures; History and European Studies; Education and e-Learning skills).
• To design useful protocols and interfaces which make easy a wide dissemination of the European plurilingual products.
• To improve professional internship opportunities in various companies.
• To improve the knowledge of plurilingual and multicultural heritage and situation of Europe.
• To improve scale and measure tools in order to examine the role and implications of linguistic diversity in European populations, in order to deepen the efforts to create a European Knowledge based society which respect and improve cultural diversities and cross-cultural understanding.
• To deepen the knowledge of the current linguistic situation in Europe, also in a historical prospective as well as the evolutions of political and cultural idea of Europe, until the enlarged European Union, with special focus on economic, political, scientific, and cultural on other contexts.
• To examine the balance between well skilled “lingua(s) franca(s)” and the whole plurilingual and sociolinguistic diversity, as a key to openness and tolerance towards other cultures.
• To develop links with major national level research programmes and activities in the area(s) addressed by the proposal [in this sense: several groups of our proposal are in the situation of link themselves and the whole project with other major programmes and institutions
• To examine the relations between language and gender, and the balance between multiculturalism and gender, in order to promote the integration of the gender dimension, as an specific and strategic target of our project as well as a dimension of methodology (research, dissemination and management).
• To deepen the interdisciplinary knowledge of the objects of study of related disciplines and knowledge areas in order to improve the knowledge of European linguistic and literary traditions: diachronic, synchrony and application.
• To examine and improve the teaching, training and (long-term) learning in multilingual context (at the level of basic skill, but intending to arise almost medium), in order to promote–and to study its consequences—save and secure choices of a language (or few/several ones) as “lingua franca”.
• To improve the formation (learning, collaborative education, and long-term learning) in linguistics, translation and applications of ICT to linguistic education, we will make and special attention to young and women scientist.
• To disseminate and transfer the knowledge, not only the state-of-the art but the basic and applicated research on the concerned matters to wide audiences, in order to serve it as useful for research as well as for teaching and politicians to effort knowledge, good practices and equal opportunities based new governance.
• To map research competencies in Europe in order to develop links and protocols to strengthening the scientific knowledge-bases for plurilingual, technological and economic policies.
Fuentes de financiación:
– ISIC-2012-042 (Generalitat Valenciana) – «Estudi, edició, traducció i digitalització de corpus documentals i literaris referits a la història de la Corona d’Aragó medieval. Aplicacions TIC i educatives». Projecte finançat per la Conselleria d’Educació de la Generalitat Valenciana (Ref. Prometeo-2009-042, 2009-2013 («Programa Prometeu per a grups de recerca en I+D d’excel•lència»). – «Traducció de clàssics valencians a llengües europees modernes: estudis literaris, lingüístics i traductològics comparats» (VIGROB-125 [2003-] – «Clàssics valencians multilingües: Estudi de les traduccions d’Ausiàs March (alemany, espanyol, francès, anglès i italià –segles XVI-XXI–) per a contribuir al coneixement de l’original» (Ref. GV05/180). – «Biblioteca Digital Multilingüe de la Mediterrània – IVITRA / Plurilingual Digital Library of the Medietarranean Neighbourhood – IVITRA». Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación (Ref. FFI2010-09064-E) and UN Alliance of Civilisations. – «Gramática del catalán antiguo». Projecte finançat pel Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación (Ref. FFI2009-13065, 2009-2012). – «Corpora textuals i investigació lingüística, traductològica i literària», (INV09-24) – «Constitució d’un Corpus Textual per a una Gramàtica del Català Antic». Institut d’Estudis Catalans (IVITRA-IEC/PT2008-S0406-MARTINES01, 2008-2010). – «Constitució d’un Corpus Textual per a una Gramàtica del Català Modern». Institut d’Estudis Catalans (PT2012-S04-MARTINES). – «Gramática del catalán moderno (1601-1833)». Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación (Ref. FFI2012-37103, 2012-2015).
Director: Prof. Dr. Vicent Martines Peres.
Fuente: formulario de detección de casos.